The general objectives of the ODYSSEAS project is summarized as follows: research, development, and evaluation of contemporary methods utilized for product digitalization and production, integrated information management, implemented systems for monitoring, inspection and modification of integrated management tools for modern production units, determination of flexibility tools and automation of production line. In this context, these objectives will be achieved by implementing and adopting the appropriate tools that will lead the Greek industry to the “Factory of Future”. In specific, the objectives of each partner are the following:
INAB will expand the current infrastructure and upgrade the existing technological equipment through:
- The development of methods for microenvironmental simulation and biomolecule analysis.
- The development of suitable methods in order to perform a comprehensive analysis of biomolecules and create new ex-vivo micro-environments.
- The implementation of adaptive platforms for data analysis of health and food information, in order to support the critical manufacturing units of the contemporary production.
- The development of methods for reconstruction and 3D printing of biological parts.
ITI will extend the current infrastructure by implementing an innovative laboratory for 3D reconstruction that will be connected with optical media in order to facilitate the immediate digitalization of objects. Subsequently, this laboratory will be directly connected to another complementary laboratory equipped with the majority of 3D printing technologies. In fact, the laboratory that will be developed and implemented within the framework of the proposed project, will provide a significant strategic advantage to the Institute, by integrating pioneering methods for automation in the procedure of investigation and implementation of optimization strategies for manufacturing systems in modern industry. The most fundamental actions in order to achieve the functionality and efficient utilization of the innovative digital laboratory proposed in the current project are the following:
- Modeling of workflows providing the necessary stages of the procedure, determination of the simulation framework, and in-depth study and analysis of the needs in order to develop effective integrated products.
- Development of the appropriate tools for data collection, design and implementation of an integrated interdisciplinary knowledge base in order to support applications for simulation and creation of innovative products.
- Thorough research and development of a laboratory for rapid design and prototyping by utilizing intelligent 3D printing techniques.
- Development of a platform that will facilitate the collection and management of three-dimensional models for 3D printing. Integration of optimization techniques for intelligent 3D-printing and implementation of artificial intelligence methods for determination of pivotal decisions regarding the product development process.
The HIT will expand the current infrastructure and upgrade the existing technological equipment through:
- Development of a laboratory utilized for digital product manufacturing supported by a platform of intelligent design of components and tools for autonomous guided vehicles.
- Development of intelligent infrastructures in order to improve the supply chain and logistics.
- Development of an integrated platform that will coordinate the transit and the routing of “smart products”.
- Development of a process simulation platform in manufacturing procedure.
- Development of the suitable tools for process inspection and production tracking.